You are a candidate for bariatric surgery if:
- your BMI is greater than 40
- your BMI is greater than 35 and you have at least two obesity associated health conditions
- inability to maintain a healthy weight under guidance of a medical weight loss program
What are the Goals, Risks, Benefits and Alternatives for Bariatric Surgery?
The ultimate goal of bariatric surgery is to succeed in healthy weight loss for resolution of obesity associated conditions and to maintain that weight loss.
The benefits of bariatric surgery include:
- Bariatric surgery is the most effective therapy for morbid obesity
- Bariatric surgery can be cost effective by the 4th year of follow-up
- 90% of patients with obesity are successful at maintaining a 50% excess body weight loss at 5 years after surgery
- Diabetes resolution
- High blood pressure resolution
- joint pain resolution
- improvement is obesity associated depression
Meet our Bariatric Surgeons